Wednesday, March 26, 2008

What I Had For LINNER: Climbing Out of Easter Leftovers




Well, I thought, what better way to get out of leftovers, than with some glorified leftovers? So, that's what I did. I sometimes can't let things sit in the freezer, then other things sit forever, like my break-in-case-of-meat-emergency veggie crumbles (I go vegetarian here n there, nothing serious, lacto/ovo style. it's the Master Cleanse's fault), I also tend to always have frozen candy bars and of course vodka. For some reason though, most things I freeze of the protein or meal status, get's cooked within about a week. So anyway, I decided to have some of my ravioli I made last week. Mostly because one more day in an airtight container and the meaty non-vodka sauce I made would've been far past it's love date in the fridge. I just can't have waste. Can't do it. My dude picks on me for making a snack package out of say, a few bites left on a plate at dinner. I'll package up those 2 bites and eat em as a snack later ... really holds the weight down too, cuz if I didn't have 5-6 lil snack containers in my fridge for the meal between meals, I might do full meals every time I get hungry. So anyway, again, my plating is wack. I've covered the most beautiful part ... the ravioli. Here's a close up, you can jussssssst make out my wonton wrapper handy work. They looked prettier in the freezer.



The sauce is prolly best described really as a Meaty Tomato Cream Sauce ... didn't put much cream cuz I didn't want to open another carton of heavy cream, kinda like breakin a $20 bill, it would've been gone! My brain would have worked the remaining cream into something over the weekend and I knew I was already in for the calories at Easter. A little self restraint. Okay, here's some more show descriptions and one final look at Linner ... and btw, did you see the Cook dude on American Idol last night kill Jacko's Billie Jean?? Amazing. And I don't just like him for his name teeheehee, it was a great rendition. My 1st ever iTunes download, waiting on it to arrive, it has a release date, wow ....

RE0104: NOSHIN’ N’AWLINS STYLE- PREMIERE EPISODE
Premieres: Sunday, April 6th at 10:30AM ET/PT
With a nod to New Orleans Sunny Anderson gets things jazzed up with a spicy yet sweet Shrimp Pot Pie, a sweet note of French Toast with Caramelized Pecans, Strawberries and Cream and a Sazarak Cocktail. Let the good times roll!

RE0101: CAROLINA ON MY MIND
Premieres: Sunday, April 13th at 10:30AM ET/PT
Thinking about some good southern style flavors? Sunny Anderson serves it up with her Apple and Onion-Stuffed Pork Chops, Vegetarian "Southern Style" Collard Greens, and a sweet treat of Blueberry Peach Cobbler.

RE0103: MEXIN-IT UP
Premieres: Sunday, April 20that 10:30AM ET/PT
Some of the best Tex-Mex street food happens right in your own kitchen when Sunny Anderson whips up her Huevos Rancheros with Homemade Black Bean Puree, Mexican Street Corn, and Homemade Churros with a hint of lime


No comments: