Monday, August 18, 2008

BTW and Didja Know ...

BTW
There's a joint commercial running for my and Aida's shows on Food Network! I toldja about it as we were shooting it and during the post-production and now it's done! Take a look ....


I haven't caught it on TV yet, but a friend saw it on MTV last week and texted me about it. Then, I get on a flight today and while I'm sitting on the tarmac for about an hour, I check my email and my former co-worker Fatman Scoop hits me and says congrats cuz he saw the billboard!!! I immediately responded like where?? lol ... I think New Yorkers will run into it next to Chelsea Market somewhere according to my official email, I gotta go check it myself when I get back to town next week. Pretty neat. The radio station I used to work at had an annual ad campaign for years in the NYC subway system, so I'd take the train and get off looking at a huge pic of me riding a motorcycle with a rapper, crazy .. especially since the picture didn't look quiiiiiite like me ... turns out the photog took some creative license and changed my skin tone and hair color to 'match' the rapper I was in the ad with. lol ... I was like huh? "To Match"??? "How about just letting me be me??" For a year, people would come to events and tell me I looked nothing like my picture, which they had made into little 4X6's to sign ... I just had to laugh ... lol, never worked with that photog again although he was a total sweetheart. Lemme tell ya, there's no shortage of people in the biz that think they know what you should look like. Here's the current billboard ....


and Didja Know ...

Remember how I said Fatman Scoop told me he saw the billboard? I told him in the email that I was just thinking about him this weekend because watching the Olympics, I heard his voice like a jillion times in songs played in the arenas ... I told him he should deem himself the "#1 voice in arena's", and then he replied and told me he actually just inked the deal to be the voice of the NY Rangers!!! Ha! I'm a talent scout! Congrats Scoopy!

6 comments:

Lys said...

Now THAT is a fab commercial! That photog. should get a slap upside the head for messin' around like htat. That's craziness.

I haven't seen the commercial yet but then again, my TIVO is screaming abuse - haven't had time to watch much of anything lately :(

Anonymous said...

The voice of the Rangers? COOOOOOOLLLLLL!!!!

Nikki @ NikSnacks said...

Great commercial! Who would have known it took so much work to make that 30 second spot, if you hadn't told us?

Fatman Scoop is on EVERYBODY'S joint. He is the voice of hip-hop, I think. And his radio show? I've only listened one time, but I think it's dope that they do it from their house...in the bedroom!! Ha!

Sunny Anderson said...

lys, yeah, i was a bit upset with the radio station photog for the color changes, i don't understand changing the way someone looks in an ad campaign, it's like uhhh hello, isn't the idea to make the person more recognizable and stuff? i dunno, but after that i ended up going to a teeny tiny studio in the east village and the photog was the best. i actually need to track him down! he wouldn't even airbrush the bags from my eyes when i smile if i asked him to, ever notice that? no bags on smiling pics for some??? i always do my best to be in control, but like i said ... there are so many people that think they know what you should look like, hard to find the trail of them. shoot ... sometimes it's hard to figure out who even thought you needed some brushin up lol ...

mrs. l, yeah, i did a bit of the nhl while i was in detroit, so soon as the season starts (has it??? lol) i'm gonna see about goin in to support scoop ... that's a big gig

nikki miller-ka, thanks ... do you have interest in seeing the story board for the commercial? it's like the mock-up of what the ad agency sold to the network as the commercial. it looks kinda like a cartoon, excuse me if you already know what a story board is teeheehee, lemme know and i'll post it ... pretty neat to look at. and yeah, scoop and his wife have a great dynamic and i hope they are truly happy, he's a happy dude that works hard and the biz can drain ya, so to find a partner in crime, is like findin a needle in a deejays' bag ...

Darius T. Williams said...

Hey you - I saw the commercial too and I was like 'ohhh, this is what she was talking about.' It seemed like it'd be longer based on what you told us - but I still think it's a good commercial. LOL at that billboard - but you know, you're blowing up - so get used to that!!!

Sunny Anderson said...

dtdub, i know ... it's pretty short compared to alllll the stuff put into it, but 30 secs ain't bad! i hope i catch it on tv while it's running.