Monday, December 29, 2008

Slo Mo Slide Sho - Let's Get It Started!

We'll start where many great meals start ... the mirapoix and the protein! This is the beginnings of a classic French dish. When I tape the next 13 episodes, I'll have friends join me on a few shows and this is one of the recipes I'll make for one of these visits. It all started when I missed a call, then checked the voicemail a few days later only to find my friend called for ingredient assistance for this dish while they were in the grocery store. I get these calls plenty and felt really bad that I missed it. So, when we discussed bringing friends on for a few shows, this was a natural pick. My way of saying sorry for missing the call and at the same time, now I'm sure my buddy will never need the ingredients for this recipe. :-) Here it is post-marinade ...
And now after a little sear action ...

No comments: