Friday, June 18, 2010

One day @ a time - #3 Lipton Calls - June 1 ...

Hey there! I'm in the middle of a blog-orama, just catching up after some time off due to technical difficulties, so I hope you enjoy and if you've missed any, please scroll down... btw, my burn was from an All Clad handle. I got it two weeks before that picture at a charity event. A chef took a pan out of the oven and rested it on the counter top, it looked to have been there for some time. I was one of the judges and the chef neglected to tell us he took it from the oven. In the chaos I lifted it to catch the aroma ... and well ... you can see what happened. Pretty much my favorite burn scar right now ...


Tuesday, June 1, 2010
So this day I got up early and headed over to New Jersey to hang out with Lipton. They called a couple of months ago and told me they wanted people to "drink on the bright side" and thought I'd be the perfect person to help get the word out. How nice, eh? I grew up on Lipton! As I navigate this area of my career, companies call to partner, but not all of them are products I use or even trust. Actually, it happened plenty in my radio career too now that I think about it. I remember telling a company I wouldn't help promote a product because I'd never used it and still didn't want to use it. The company actually didn't care if I used it or not and also didn't mind if I lied about it, that was a quick no. Good thing ... months later the product was pulled from shelves nationally because it wasn't safe and people were having health problems. I didn't make the sales department at the radio station happy when I said no at the time, but in a few months time we all were happy. So, it has been easy to say no and just stand on principle alone in this new chapter because of past experiences, but it's easy to say yes when it's something I love. That being said, and I hope you take this the right way ... you have my word, I'll only do business with companies I actually use and trust. I'm so not here for the wrong reason. I really love what I do and it's so neat that you share the same passion as I do, which is food, eating and of course ... cooking. So I'd never betray your trust like that. Not my style ...

Wow, so now that I've said that ... how bout some tea and pudding? :-).
That's a tray of vanilla pudding, graham crackers and swedish fish, made to look like the beach! A little fun for the kids during summer, my fondest memories are of playing with food and helping around the kitchen ... and yard, but that's another blog.

This is Marni n me.
She finds all the jeans that fit my crazy shape, colorful and bright shirts I like and even some of the accessories I wear on Cooking for Real. I like how she dresses me up there, so anytime I can, I ask her to help me with other television stuff. Many of you have asked in comments about my clothes, I promise to finally ante up and interview Marni for the blog the next time I tape in August.

It took a few weeks of planning, but Tuesday was the day I'd tape some fun segments for Lipton with some local foodies. Here I am with two of them ...
That's Matt and Nikki. They are young, married and new to NYC. We all laughed when we looked at this picture, Nikki said Matt always finds a way to make a funny face in pictures. They were lots of fun and really cool to hang out with. They remind me of when I first moved to work in NYC, I was fresh and excited and open to everything the city had to offer. Nothing really has changed for me and it was great seeing myself in them. There's truly something about moving to NYC to chase a dream. They have friends over plenty and wanted to know how to entertain in a tight space during the summertime. I was more than happy to help because counter space and square footage is hard to come by here and with summer on the way, it's hard to have a cookout without any outdoor space.

Lipton put up a website with some of the tips I gave them it's www.CoolestSummerCookout.com. Check it if you are feeling lucky because there's a sweepstakes to enter! There's money! A trip! And you and I can spend time cooking here in NYC!

Speaking of websites ... I am totally aware that my website is a mess lol. I have been looking for a company for a couple of years now and finally think I've got it! Plans are being made and I hope to soon relaunch with a better site. I have fun stuff planned too if you are like me and like to play and stuff online on a boring day. Let's be bored together, eh? So stick around for news on my relaunch of www.SunnyAnderson.com and ...

For the next post I'll show ya what happened to my garden ...

No comments: