Wednesday, February 18, 2009

SoBe it!

Well, I'm here in South Beach aka SoBe and I'm totally annoyed with the great weather! It's beautiful here. All of the places I've been in the world, from Honduras to Korea ... I've never been to Miami. Only really flown through here or connected. What a pretty city so far. I love the colors of the houses, reminds me slightly of Texas and all the colors used in the South West style. Anyway, nice stuff so far.

I got to the airport this morning and just a few minutes after I got in the terminal I spotted some familiar spikes and headed over to make the ticket kiosk and security route with Anne Burrell. It was really nice seeing someone I knew. I think I'm a bit nervous and don't really know why, so familiar faces calm the nerves. We got here and as soon as I checked into the hotel I wanted to get some air and see the beach. Turns out the hotel is right on the beach and I know you are like "how didn't you know where you were staying and stuff?" ... I dunno, see the last post. I can't even tell you how messy January was for me. I just glossed over it, but boy was I busy and not with only work, plenty of personal stuff too. So, I didn't pay attention to the travel details. Pretty cool though cuz being on the beach is a nice, needed surprise!

Anyway, on the way to the beach through the hotel pool area I saw a table full of more familiar faces ...

Clockwise that's Gordon Elliot, producer of Down Home with the Neely's, their director Mark, me :-), Gina and Pat. I stopped to say hi and ended up joining the table for a drink. As I've said before, they are such a nice couple. Nice way to start the trip!

9 comments:

Lys said...

That's awesome!!! I hope things chill out a bit for you - you've had a crazy busy year.

I'm looking forward to the demo on Sunday. Yes, I caved - I'll be there this weekend - since I live in the state and all (well, til September then I'm headed back to the cold).

You'll do great!

Karen Vaughn said...

Hey Sunny. I see you are in my backyard. Call me!

The Duo Dishes said...

Love the Neeleys to death. Is it possible for them to be so cute!

jacob said...

As Ina would say, "don't have any fun without me!"... or at least until I get there tomorrow!

Sunny Anderson said...

complaint dept. mgr, huh?

lys, omg you have to come say hi. hit me when you get here!

karen vaughn, okizzzle ...soon as i get a sec. the schedule is packed!

the duo dishes, i know right? great people.

jacob, i have bar-time carved out for ya! hit me when you get in!

Anonymous said...

Aww, looks like you found some familiar faces, and more are streaming in! I knew I'd regret not going to SOBE, but there was just now way - work & family & all.

So by all means, have fun without me, especially at bar time with Jacob! But if y'all have a bit of room for me in a passing thought or two, that'd suit just fine.
*smiles*

The CDM said...

Now I'm really laughing. Must be nice to be in a place where you aren't freezing(by the way, say hi to Al Roker while you're there). It's one thing to say to someone "you suck", but when you say they "are" suck, you're going that extra mile. Thus, you are in the one place in the U.S. right now where everyone wants to be while experiencing ideal conditions, surrounded by the who's who of food world while we aren't. I.E., you "are" suck.

Eventually, I'll stop laughing over this. Must be nice living in Sunnyland.

Sunny Anderson said...

lana, i feel ya ... we'll toast ya ;-)

complaint dept. mgr., ok, now i get it lol ... yes, i AM suck lol .... trust me, i know. i was like ... are there people really wearing sandals and shorts? ok, i'm sure i will continue to not just suck, be beeee the suck lol. postin more pics right now ...

Jlt102 said...

Sunny,
I meet you first in South Beach at the Viva stand and then again at Sandra Lee party in Atlantic City. I had a wonderful time talking and getting to know you. Then we talked at Neeley gospel brunch. You are definelty a true to yourself person that I find refreshing. I hope to see you in New York food and Wine, We will be there, but not sure if can attend any events(all Sold Out), but will be in South Beach for sure.