Sunday, February 6, 2011

Ready for Kick-Off!!

Hey!!! I am so excited! I don't know what it is, but this year Super Bowl seems to be bigger and better as far as the entertainment value. I just finished watching people walk and be interviewed on the red carpet ... is that a first? I just finished all the major spokes in my party wheel, take a look ...The chicken wings are dunking in a water and salt brine. I'll take em out 1 hour before kick-off, pat em dry and dredge em. Then, I'm gonna start frying around 30 mins before kick-off. I have 3 different ways I'm making them, honey mustard, honey BBQ and the final is a BBQ rub that tastes like sweet BBQ potato chips. So two sticky, one dry. Then ...That's a 4 layer queso dip for plunging corn tortilla chips and later fingers :-). It was pretty simple to assemble, then I covered it and put it in the fridge. That will come out of hiding around middle of the 1st quarter and go in the oven to get bubbly around the end of the first. I expect it to be done a quarter of the way through the 2nd. Then the chili I made last night is in the fridge, I'll take that out when the nachos are done and it should be done around halftime. This morning we dined on lighter fare to manage the day and I made some ground chicken tacos ...I know, no official breakfast, unless you count chocolate yogurt at 7AM. I haven't done tacos on the show yet, so I may start with my ground chicken taco recipe. Very simple and the light sour cream on top is just blended with cilantro, lime juice, a shake or so of hot sauce and onion powder. That's a great multi use blend for sour cream. I had one taco then got back to work on every thing above. Up next, I'm working on the drink! I have ingredients and I don't know where they'll take me! I'll share! Ok, now since I've been watching pre-game all day a little bit of musical inspiration ... Can you tell me why I'm playing this video football fans???!?!!!!?
Enjoy the game!!

4 comments:

jen @ one curly fry said...

Next year remind me to come to your house for a Super Bowl Party! :) LOL!

Everything looks and sounds fantastic!!!!

Charles said...

Man Sunny my Superbowl wknd was ruined thanks to a nasty stomach bug! I didn't get to enjoy one thing! So bummed about that. Looks like you & your guy had a great menu line-up-yum! That layered queso dip and wings and oh yeah....chix tacos! I love a chicken taco @ home.

Lindsey Christensen said...

Dying to hear how the trio of wings turned out. Sounds mouth watering!!!

Lindsey Christensen said...

PS - made your creamy baked chicken & wild rice casserole last night. That one's out of the park!